How To Turn off Voicemail on iphone: This guide will teach you how to shut off the voicemail feature on your iPhone. The iPhone’s voicemail system can be a fantastic method to keep connected to relatives and friends even in times when you’re not around.
Sometimes, however, you might decide to deactivate your voicemail, particularly when traveling abroad, to avoid unnecessary data roaming cost.
Whatever your provider This quick guide will guide you through the steps necessary to deactivate your voicemail.
How to Disable Voicemail on iPhone?
The iPhone lets you forward calls to voicemail in the event that you are unable to answer the call. It allows you to listen to messages from the callers when you have the chance. But, this feature isn’t for every user and you may not require it. In such a situation, it’s worthwhile to learn how to turn off voice mail on the iPhone to disable it from your phone.
There are a variety of methods to deactivate Voicemail from your iPhone. You can dial a number on your phone, which will be connected to your service and shut off the service for the user, or contact the support team at your provider and ask them to assist you.
1. Find voicemail number on iPhone
- From your iPhone home screen, open the Phone app.
- Enter *#61# and tap Call to find out the number of your voice mailbox.
- Save this number, you’ll need it for the next steps.
2. Forward calls to the voice mailbox number
- Next, open the Settings app.
- Scroll down, select Phone and then Call Forwarding.
- Slide the toggle next to it to enable the option. It’s on when it’s green and white.
- Enter the number of your voice mailbox in the field.
- Leave the menu to save your settings because there’s no “Save” option. This will forward all calls to this number.
3. How to Disable the voice mail iphone.
- Go back to the Phone app.
- Enter #404 and tap Call to disable your voicemail service.
- A pop-up will show up on the screen with all the voicemail features that have been disabled such as “Voice Call Forwarding”, “Data Call Forwarding”, and “Fax Call Forwarding”. Tap Dismiss to close the window.
- From now on, you will need to call your voice mailbox to check for any messages that have been left for you.
Part 2. What if You Aren’t Able to Turn Off Voicemail on the iPhone?
In the majority of instances, this method is likely to work for you. If, however, you’re having issues and are unable to stop the service it is possible contact the support department of your carrier. Below are the contact numbers for various support departments of the carriers.
- T-Mobile: 1-877-453-1304
- Verizon: 1-800-922-0204
- AT&T: 1-800-331-0500
- Sprint: 888-211-4727
When you connect in touch to them, the only thing you have to do is request them to turn off voicemail on your account. They will perform the task for you.
Part 3. How to disable your Voicemail Password on an iPhone?
To protect the voicemails you receive, your service provider actually gives you the option of a password. In this way, you must use this password every when you want hear your voicemail messages. If you do not use the service, then you are not required to enter the password anymore and it is possible to disable it.
Here are the steps to follow for all service providers to switch off the voicemail in your iPhone.
Disable Voicemail Password on iPhone AT&T:
- Contact your voicemail number.
- Press 4 to access Personal Options.
- Press 2 for Password Options.
- Enter 2. Your password will then be erased.
Disable Voicemail Password on iPhone Sprint:
- You can access your voice mailbox via your iPhone.
- Select to change your personal preferences in the menu at the top.
- Choose Administrative Options.
- Select to enable the Skip Password choice.
Disable Voicemail Password on iPhone T-Mobile:
- Install the Phone app to your iPhone.
- Enter 796#, and it will allow you to change your password.
Disable Voicemail Password on iPhone US Cellular:
- Dial your voicemail number.
- Press 4 for Personal Options.
- Press 4 repeatedly.
- Press 2 to switch off the password for voicemail.
Disable Voicemail Password on iPhone Verizon:
- Start adding an additional contact on your iPhone.
- Enter the number 86 and then enter two commas.
- Log in with your password and save the contact.
This is the way to turn off the voicemail feature off on your iPhone and also its password.
Part 4. What can I do to activate Voicemail on the iPhone?
If you have followed one of the methods above to disable the visual voicemail feature on iPhone and you’d like to restart the service There is a simple method of doing it.
There are pre-made numbers that which you can dial through the Phone application for your iPhone to activate the voicemail feature from your smartphone. Start it on the phone application, then select the appropriate phone number among the list below and then dial it.
- AT&T: ##004#
- T-Mobile: ##004#
- Verizon Telephone: *73 (try *900, then *920, if it doesn’t work.)
- US Cellular: *920
- Sprint: *730
Another Tips: How to Recover lost voicemails on iPhone?
If you lose your voicemails because of any reason it is possible to restore your backup and your message will get restored. But, if you don’t have backups, UltData iPhone Data Recovery is an excellent application for recovering lost data on iPhones and you can utilize it to recover your voicemails well. This article explains how you can perform this on your device.